Monday, January 5, 2009

"I Feel All Tingly & I'm Glowing"

No, I have not suffered a spinal injury and this is not my quote. This statement was made excitedly by my daughter, but can you guess which one? Darby and Roxy enjoyed their last day of the Christmas break by making beauty products with the new science experiment kit that Darby received for Christmas. The oatmeal lemon scrub is the real deal - I am experiencing it as I type. I told the girls that it was bad manners to smear baby food on your face, but they did it anyway. Somehow, they have learned to understand sarcasm - just one of the added blessings of living in the Franks' domain.

There is nothing cuter than seeing two curly heads bent together, rubbing oatmeal scrub on their perfect, flawless faces. I, on the other hand, will be going through about a gallon of the stuff tonight. My cute curly heads are finishing the homemade spa day in my bathroom, with Roxy soaking in the tub and Darby reading to her from a Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle book. A good way to end a rainy Georgia winter day...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they are already becoming high maintenance - my kind of girls! Speaking of beauty products, I accidently slathered herbal foot cream all over Bode's face tonight after his bath. As soon as his breathing became labored and his face looked like it was about to explode I decided to retrace my steps and actually look at the bottle - ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like our house... Avery got an American Girl skin and nail book and now they both are requesting milk baths, so fun!

    ReplyDelete