Saturday, January 17, 2009

Momma Knocked It Out







My daughters have straight hair, and that is truly an accomplishment. My first attempt was a failure of skill and technique. But everyone has recovered from the PTSD of it all, I went out and bought a new hairdryer with the right attachments, I have maintained a somewhat tangle-free existence for a couple of weeks, and the Chi did the rest. It is not perfect - the hot rollers cannot seem to tame the ends because they don't get hot enough. But the girls have real, honest to goodness straightened hair. My joy is complete - and so is theirs.

We celebrated with a good movie about dogs - Hotel for Dogs. The girls absolutely loved it and I thought it had many good qualities - no dogs died, the dogs were clever and the kids were smart, and they used one of my favorite Rachel Yamagata songs in the soundtrack. Thumbs up.

To top it all off, Darby has the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, Roxy has a new Webkinz outfit for Asia, and I bought four shirts at Old Navy - all of the $2.50, plus a wool coat for Dar and a fleece jacket for Rock Star that was $2.50.

I sit here, listening to the snow falling outside, and I thinked I knocked the ball out of the park today. Yea mom!






2 comments:

  1. Sheree,
    Do have/use a flat iron? I also have curly hair (not anything like your girls) but what I love that it does is tame the ends and makes them smooth. Use a product first to protect it but it is wonderful!
    Jane Winton

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK.....read your facebook entry and you do CHI....sorry. Is it a large one? The wider the iron the better I think.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete