Thursday, January 15, 2009

Big Hand on Ten, Little Hand on Six


I have been watching a lot of news since Christmas, just one of the joys of slow January days. One thing that I am curious about is the new First Daughters that get to move in to the White House. My own two daughters (big one=10, little one =6) are basically the same age as the Obama girls. Those girls are moving into a new house, starting a new school, adopting a new life - all things that have been crossing my mind for the last 7 months. The Obama girls will have it pretty good. The White House decorator is starting on their suite of rooms first. I want to see how that turns out. Will they get puppy and kitty posters? I'm pretty sure their furniture won't come from a yard sale, unlike the Franks' girls set-up. I want to see what they wear, how Grandma will fix the curly hair, all of it. The biggest plus for the Obama girls, as far as I can tell from the comfort of my Momma Bear chair, has to be the inauguration concert where Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers perform. I want to know how often the cool stuff for kids will hit the White House. I'm thinking that the bowling birthday parties that my girls get will not quite measure up...


No comments:

Post a Comment