Monday, January 26, 2009

Anybody Want a Thin Mint?

I have a very unfortunate personality trait that makes me loathe sales. I don't play the selling game very well. The uncomfortable feeling of asking someone to purchase something for your child's fundraiser, the knowledge that you will not sell enough, the feeling of dread when you have to pass out and collect the cash/check: I do not like it Sam I Am.

I was managing my dreadful feelings pretty well until I got a message today saying that cookie sales sheets were due tomorrow. AAAACK! I thought I had more time. Upon further research, I discovered that this was not a new deadline, it was the one I acknowledged months ago. Way to go, Mom...

My brilliant idea (now) is to make Roxy look extra-cute and sell prepurchased boxes come March. I'm thinking that this is the only way to stay out of the Brownie doghouse. Roxy is cute enough to sell ice cubes to eskimoes...

1 comment:

  1. We, too, have cookies to sell. And I, also, hate it. I hate it for the same reasons as you and also for the reason that I love the cookies. This year our troop did not do pre-selling - they just gave all of us 51 boxes to sell. We sold 17 last year - oh well. Let me know how the cute dressing tactic works. I may be trolling the convenience store parking lots.

    ReplyDelete