Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TV Campout with The Mom

I watched a lot of TV the past couple of days. The Kids' Inaugural concert last night was impressive. The best part was the Jonas Brothers - they even made the First Daughters dance, and then they got on stage with them. No other world leaders will come close to impressing those little girls, now that they have danced with the brothers Jonas (I heart Nick the most!)

The closing prayer at Obama's swearing in was a classic. The preacher leading the prayer, an older man in his eighties, prayed for a very long time. He included the lines, "Brown is going to stay around, Yellow will be the good fellow, the Red Man will get ahead, man, and White will do what's right." I did not have a chance to copy the quote word for word, but you can get the gist of it. Those words, and the implications of all colors of skin, were not what I expected, but it cracked me up.

And, finally, my new favorite show, "The Big Bang Theory" introduced me to the origins of tapioca pudding, the algorithm of making friends, and at least four moments of Darby and Scott deja vu. The vocabulary on that show is fabulous, and the way they approach problems is eerily like my husband and daughter. I could provide those writers with some interesting material...

No comments:

Post a Comment