Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let's Play Checkers - I Dare You

No church for the girls and me today. Roxy is a sickie. The poor thing had such a great day yesterday - they built a massive fort in our sunroom, we all went out to lunch, she had a play date and dinner with a friend. Life was good until bedtime, when the virus hit.

Entertaining a girl that is all about "something to do" is not easy with the flu. So we decided to play checkers, and she was beating me for a while until I found a triple jump and kind of ticked her off. She looked at the board, looked at me, and then said that I better watch out or she'll throw up on me.

Sarcasm? Probably. Probable? I didn't want to risk it, so I threw up the game at the last minute. I momentarily forgot that the sick kid should win on a day like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment