Friday, January 30, 2009

My List of Random Things (Again)

Here's my 25 Random Things list. I am posting it on my blog because it took me quite a chunk of time to think of this many things. After typing them up on Facebook and selecting people to tag, the list blinked out and I had to do it again! There are no more original thoughts in my head today, so here's my list:


1. My name is always misspelled and mispronounced. It came from a little girl at the school where my Dad was the principal, so they borrowed it.
2. I named my children with the simplest spelling of their names. See #1.
3. I love rock and alternative country music. Think Ryan Adams and Old 97's.
4. I have a big head - hats don't fit me well. Must be that big brain of mine...
5. I have a few favorite movies - The Princess Bride, The Muppet Movie, and Moonstruck.
6. My forehead has a goofy shape, just like Eddie Munster. In junior high the annoying boys would call me Eddie. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names remain in memory.
7. I started reading at an early age, probably to compete for attention my brother was getting.
8. I love, love, love the color blue. I'm an indigo girl - without the alternative lifestyle, of course.
9. I tend to exaggerate, and it irritates Scott. I'm trying to control it...
10. The glass looks half empty to me, which means I am probably a pessimist.
11. My first car was a 1967 Chevelle, and we painted it indigo. Six people could sit comfortably in the back seat.
12. I am a believer in birth order philosophies. I am the baby sister and I married the oldest brother, which means I did good.
13. I love puzzles and games. Boggle, Sudoku, Scrabble, jigsaw puzzles, cards, dominoes, Blockus, trivia games. Love, love, love.
14. I would like to make cakes like they make on Ace of Cakes. Just need some skills...
15. I'm a Pepper and I am making my girls Peppers, too.
16. I have a crooked pinky finger on my left hand. It never fails to gross out my sister.
17. I use the word "technically" too often. When you hear your six-year-old use it in conversation, you know that it is time to change.
18. If I could go back in time, I would do college again. I would dump all the self-conscious stuff and take more chances, take different classes, love my life a little better.
19. I love loud music and people watching. Concerts are fun for me. Can't wait for the Boss this spring...
20. I have dang big feet and I am not proud of them. I've been lumbering around on them since 6th grade. And I saved my first pair of size ten shoes - burgundy penny loafers with tassels.
21. I have a Gilmore Girls addiction. Love it, watch it too often, and even went to the set in Hollywood. I would live in Stars Hollow if it was a possibility.
22. I am sad about the number of people I have known and lost touch with - moving is the pits.
23. My athletic ability is staggeringly bad. People feel the need to correct me at the gym.
24. Every time I read the Bible I learn something new. I should read much, much more.
25. I am very proud of my beautiful unique daughters and I am blessed to have a fine husband - he has a forgive and forget thing that is wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! Andy and I love the Old 97's! We have seen them in concert a lot - i am kind of a groupie! I am so glad you understand my love for Rhett Miller!

    ReplyDelete