Saturday, October 18, 2008

Scottie's Rock Concert

My husband is not exactly a music guy. His radio station is tuned to NPR, mine is tuned to rock n roll. Because of this, plus the fact that for the last few years I have been momming it 24/7, I have attended very few concerts. But Friday, finally, I went to one that I have waited for almost 10 years - Ryan Adams. (Not to be confused with Bryan Adams, someone I would never spend a dime on.) And I took my clueless husband with me.

Scott, the poor soul, has experienced very little live music. He did not recognize the speakers at the amphitheater. He regretted not bringing earplugs. He focused on all the people there - are they real? What do they do in their real lives? Do they all go around wearing torn jeans? How come old people are here? How can you understand anything he is saying? Why do you want me to take a picture? His issues went on and on in a very Seinfeld kind of way. But I got to feel young again, watching an all-time favorite for my first time. I had a babysitter for the kids (first one in five months), I had dinner at La Madeleine and Starbucks after the concert, and Ryan played Shakedown on 9th avenue, which I have always liked. Plus a few other favorites I enjoyed and sang along with.

I am keeping a list of the concerts I would like to see. I would go back to Ryan, and I might even take Scott again. Hopefully he will remember his earplugs next time...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I read Bryan Adams the 1st time... I knew you liked a wide range of music, so I just thought this was a blast from the past. I just googled Ryan Adams, so now I'm up to speed. I'm sure Scott had an intersting night, ha. Glad you had a night out, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I understand your situation. Jonathan is not into live music, either. I took him to Harry Connick Jr and I am pretty sure he was totally bored. Probably as bored as I am at a ballet or any dancing thing.

    ReplyDelete