Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Darby on Patrol

Darby is a hall monitor this week. Darby is officially drunk with power now, with her badge and clip board and pen. She makes sure everyone comes in to school in an orderly way and she is allowed to write up anyone that gives her a hard time. Darby absolutely loves rules and expects everyone to live by the same rules she lives by, so this job may be interesting...

I know nothing about hall monitors except for that Brady Bunch episode where Peter had to be the hall monitor and he ended up taking his job way too seriously and started writing up everyone at home and in the world outside school. My poor clueless husband has no background in Brady Bunch, so I could not share this random anecdote with him. He said to me, "Seriously? You think I remember the Brady Bunch?" Seriously, folks, who doesn't remember the Brady Bunch?

2 comments:

  1. Darby, are you a hall monitor like the kids at Hogwarts? Hhmmm . . . that could make things interesting. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Brady Bunch. Why is Jan always last???

    ReplyDelete