Friday, October 24, 2008

A Very Redneck Retreat

Scott has gone to the men's retreat with our church members. The retreat is at a hunting resort in Alabama just outside Tuscaloosa and Scott can catch up with a friend who lives there while he enjoys the retreat. I say enjoy, but with Scott that might be a stretch. He decided at the last minute to take his laptop to get some work done. Isn't he supposed to be doing the male bonding thing? I mentioned that to him, then I let it alone. I guess the laptop is his blue security blanket, just like Linus in the Peanuts cartoon. He better not open that thing up...

The men have a great weekend of fun planned. People are hauling down their four wheelers, their shotguns, and enough ammo to start a Church of Christ armory. The list of required supplies for this trip was rather short: toiletries, bedding, and guns. I need more than three things just to go to the grocery store. Life is simple when you are a redneck man.

Another redneck anecdote I learned recently. In the city of Kennesaw (where I technically live), there is a law requiring ownership of a firearm for each household. I suggest you don't mess with Georgia.

1 comment: