Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Darby's Final Performance

Last night marked the end of an era for Darby. No more school music programs. I have always been the doting parent, arriving early for a good seat. I felt so sad about last night being the last one. The good thing is that at Darby's school they are not very intense about it. In Edmond they rehearsed every program to death and there were twice as many students and twice the pressure. Darby looked like she was having fun last night, line dancing and doing the conga and other movements. And now, I have other events to look forward to, like piano recitals. I am still hoping that Darby will stick with the singing thing in middle school. She doesn't know about all the trips and contests that get you out of school - that is what made middle school slightly less irritating in my memories.

1 comment:

  1. Sheree, just found your blog. We are moving to NC and I was wondering what you guys were up to in GA. Looks like you are all doing well!
    God Bless!
    Candice

    ReplyDelete