Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Games I Play

I have been playing some games the last few days. I have a weakness for the games on Pogo.com plus other websites, but I prefer to play with actual humans instead of the virtual kind.

I was graciously invited to play cards with some church ladies and it was fun. I played Hand and Foot, a version of canasta. I like this game, but the rules are a bit tedious for this crowd. I got to know some ladies, learn about their various ailments, and eat some homemade cheese straws spiked with tabasco. Those were made by Mildred and they were awesome. I also have the lowdown on the best places to go for early voting and I scored six hydrangea bushes. Those ladies rock. Thank you Margaret for the hydrangeas!

I played a game last night with Scott and his mom. It was the last night of hosting my in-laws and we were sad to see them go. We played Blockus, which I really love to play. I have figured out how to win most of the time, so maybe that has something to do with it. If only the others in my family liked to get beat as often as I like to play. I guess I'll play Wii when someone wants to beat me - I stink at most all of the Wii stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment