Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So Many Pictures, So Little Blog Space

I have posted many pictures from our play-hooky-from-school day with Scott's folks. I can't really begin to explain how perfect the day was: crisp and clean fresh "are", just the right temperature, etc. We had a fabulous day exploring the north Georgia world, just about an hour from our house. I have a wheelbarrow load of pumpkins on my porch from our visit at the pumpkin patch. Conveniently enough, you can get your pumpkins, have a hayride, and hear the saving message of Christ all in one place. Plus pick up a bag of boiled peanuts. Garret was not impressed with those, but they really are good (think salty pinto beans, because that is what "balled" peanuts taste like to me.) I wish I could interpret all the phrases we heard in that lovely Southern accent, but you would not really get it unless you were actually there...

We paid a visit to the beginning of the Appalachian Trail - which is shown on the stone marker picture with an "A" in a circle. Hard to imagine walking and climbing the entire trail, all the way to Maine. I don't want to give Scott any ideas, but I predict that he will venture out on that thing one day. That man breaks into a run when he sees mountains and smells fresh running creeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment