Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Hard Day's Work

Today I was booked all day long with various things that I was not jazzed about. The role of Mom these days has caused me a lot of time, thought, and worry. I got Roxy's eyes checked because of concerns about how she is tracking when she is reading. She is tracking fine and the family curse of nearsightedness has not emerged in her (yet.) So, when she crosses her eyes as a joke and one of them starts randomly roaming around her eye socket, that is OK by the doc. Hmm...

And then there was a funeral. Scott has little funeral experience and I was anxious for him. I was also down because the lady that passed away was one of the gals I played cards with a couple of weeks ago. I will never get to eat Mildred's cheese straws again. I was just getting to know her. The funeral was touching, not the kind where you have to listen to people talk about death but the kind where her whole life was celebrated. She had a great funeral plan.

And then I had teacher's conferences. Not fun. Do not look forward to these. The teachers are good, the kids are good, but the learning curve (at a new school with different teaching methods and different tests) is a beast. Give me and my kids some credit, please. I think I'll go see what's on the tube now - I need a mental vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment