Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Rebuttal

Hello, Blog World. This is Scott, writing as the guest blogger tonight. This is quite exciting for me. I've never blogged before. I was on Facebook once for about 10 minutes, but found it confusing and frightening. I'm about as hip as a rotary phone, so this is all new to me.

Let me say that I found Sheree's account of the concert quite generous towards me. Getting me to even go to a concert was a gamble for her, and I tried to be on my best behavior. However, I didn't do very well. The highlight of my evening was when Ryan Adams abruptly ended the concert because he was losing his voice due to the flu. Thank you flu!

Here's a few observations from my hour of audio hell:
  • The staging was composed of two neon roses and a cardinal symbol that looked like it was cut out of plywood by somebody in a high school shop class.
  • For the entire concert, nobody on stage moved more than three feet. There's more action in the robotron figures that sing to you at Chuck E. Cheese.
  • WHY SO LOUD????? The only thing worse than not being able to understand a single word of any song is not understanding words that are being blasted at you with the force of a jet engine. I tried to be subtle when I stuck my fingers in my ears, so as not to embarrass Sheree. Hopefully all the hip people around us just assumed that Sheree was a nice person taking her autistic older brother on an outing from the institution.
  • Sheree knows me so well, yet she keeps hoping that somewhere, somewhere deep in the small-town nerd she married, there is something that will surface in a concert, and I will be just like all the other head-bobbing normal people actually enjoying themselves. Sorry, babe. There's nothing cool in me, but it's very cool that you keep trying.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Scott! I'm not much in the blog world either, but I do find it interesting and I enjoy Sheree's. I have to say, you added some very fancy bullet points, for your 1st blog, impressive.

    ReplyDelete