Saturday, August 2, 2008

Take Me Back to 1986

The family and I did something new and fun today. I say new because it is something that I haven't done since approximately 1986. We rented bikes and rode on the Silver Comet Trail. The trail was once a railroad running from Birmingham AL to New York City. No longer functional, the parks department paved the old railway and made it into a humongous, gorgeous biking, walking, skating trail. You can go all the way to the AL state line via this bike trail.

No pictures, you say? I have no idea what I look like on a bike, and neither will you. Google the trail if you will, but after a 22 year hiatus, the image of me on a bike will be postponed to a later date. I will say it was fun and that we will be going back. Even Darby liked it, and sweating is so "not her thing". Roxy can't wait to go back, but she was in a sidecar and made no effort beyond dressing her stuffed animals in the appropriate "going out to play" clothes. And Scott did not act like he wanted to strangle us, so that makes the trip a four-way win.

No comments:

Post a Comment