Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hello Old Friend, Hello New Friend

Scott was so happy to have an old friend from Oklahoma in town yesterday. They spent the day together visiting people we knew from Chattanooga and driving up there and back to Atlanta. We all had dinner last night at Ted's Montana Grill, Scott's favorite restaurant (we always get bison there) and we went to church.

I love seeing my husband excited about things. He's a reserved type of guy in public, but he has some friendships that are very dear to him. How I wish we weren't so far from those that know us best! We have new friends and are working hard on that side of things, but there is nothing like an old friend. I have to remember the patience that I need to get things going here.

The girls are really good this week. I am not hearing anything about missing old friends, like I am feeling right now. Darby and Roxy have both made a friend at school and that has been the answer to my prayers for them. Darby has not thought of school negatively for two days, which is just a little prayer bonus as far as I'm concerned. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment