Monday, August 18, 2008

The Six Year Old's Perspective

Scott has found that Roxy wants to do everything with him lately. The poor guy can hardly get a private moment, and Scott likes to have a lot of solitude. So, when he was trying to run away for a walk, Roxy joined him and proceeded to talk the entire time. The conversation concluded like this:

Scott: So Roxy, what do you think you will be when you grow up?

Roxy: I think I should be something really interesting, like a vet or a doctor. What do you think you will be when you grow up Dad?

Scott: Well, Roxy, I'm pretty old already. I'm grown up. I guess I will just keep on being a preacher.

Roxy: You're a PREACHER?

Who knew that Roxy could do perplexed so well...

1 comment:

  1. I imagine she said this with her arms outstretched and palms up . . . . and what does she think Scott's job is? Church worker?

    ReplyDelete