Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Kind of People

So I am getting to know some of the Greatest Generation at my church. I make it a point on Wednesday night to sit with or near them, simply to establish some contact and to have a friendly face greet me. These people are my kind of people. They have a very social agenda, including a group that knits items for the children's hospital, a group that goes on trips, groups that play games, and groups that make cards using the 1000+ stamps and die cuts at church. I like all of those things, but I'm not in AARP yet. We are having an ice cream social in a couple of weeks, just my family and the "prime timers" as they are known, and they had hand-made cards just for this event that were so adorable. It used to be that I was the only person I knew that liked to make cards, but no longer. These ladies and gentlemen are also avid gardeners. I have lined up some Hydrangea bush donations and hosta donations already. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment