Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Daughter the Enigma




I don't intend to focus solely on my children, but we have been together 24/7 this summer and I have passed my saturation point, so here's more dirt on my kids.

My oldest daughter Darby is showing an interest in my magazines. Not such a good thing sometimes, so I find ways to distract her. When she started looking at Vanity Fair this week, I had to act fast. So I gave her the Proust Questionnaire, a permanent feature of the magazine where someone notable reveals themselves through thought-provoking questions. Here is how Darby responded:

What is your idea of perfect happiness? Doing new, different things
What is your greatest fear? Too scary to go there
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Frizzy hair
What is the trait you most deplore in others? When people tell me I can't do something
What is your greatest extravagance? Limited Too clothes at full price
What is your current state of mind? Peaceful
On what occasion do you lie? When it is most necessary
What do you dislike most about your appearance? My chin
Which living person to you most despise? Control freaks
What is the quality you most like in a man? Laid-back-ness
What is the quality you most like in a woman? Bravery
Which words of phrases do you most overuse? Roxy, leave me alone!
Which talent would you most like to have? Being an actress
What do you consider your greatest achievement? My vocabulary
If you were to die and come back as a person of thing, what do you thing it would be? Tree
Where would you like to live? Montana
What is your most treasured possession? My large collection of books
What do you most value in your friends? Easy going, goofy, but intelligence
Who are your favorite writers? C.S. Lewis
Who is your favorite hero of fiction? Despereaux the mouse
Which historical figure do you most identify with? Lousia Mae Alcott, she loved books
What is it that you most dislike? Members of my family that annoy me
What is your motto? Be Good Have Fun

4 comments:

  1. She amazes me!! You have a great girl there. I hope you guys are enjoying Georgia! We miss you guys lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a Darby --- a true book lover and an insightful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That actually makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That actually makes sense.

    ReplyDelete