Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back to School Blues

Going back to school is a little dicey this year. We are in a new school, where we don't know the ropes, and transferring records is not exactly a piece of cake. For some reason, the state of Georgia requires forms signed by medical personnel that state that your child has had all of their shots, their hearing has been tested, their vision has been tested, and their teeth have been checked. I, being a good parent, have been doing all of these things for years, but I must have a particular form filled out by a certified medical professional stating all these things. Which now means that back to school includes a visit to the Georgia Health Department to get all of these things done. I have not been there before, but I know enough to know that this is not a pleasurable field trip. Think DMV with a creepy guy giving shots, all in a dubious part of town. I am dreading this...

To top it all off, my family left today to get back to OK. I miss them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment