Thursday, November 20, 2008

Loved To Death

Meet Jasmine, the one-time love of Roxy's life. Roxy carried this thing anywhere and everywhere - sneaking it in to family pictures, buckling it into the back seat of the car, feeding it with toy baby bottles. She looks better on film than she does in real life, amazingly enough. Roxy has no limits to her love - she loved Jasmine well past her shelf life, and no amount of Dryell cleaning bags can change that. Fortunately for me, I managed to get Jasmine off the A-List, and Asia the Panda moved up. I know I have posted pictures of Roxy with Asia on my blog because she is the fifth member of our family. Until now...

I predict that the stuffed owl, whose name is now Brown Sugar, is moving ahead to first place. Asia sits on the shelf right now and the owl is the main object of affection. Roxy introduced various people from church to her owl last night - I am not exaggerating. The owl is the star of many stories now, burrowing nests into the ground, hunting for the mice that live in our woods, snuggling up in baby blankets. Roxy has started wearing a single glove, just like a falconry expert, so that Brown Sugar's claws will not hurt her arm. Say good-bye to Jasmine, because she has hit the D-List and won't be making a comeback.

1 comment:

  1. I think Roxy should make up a story called "The Pigeon Finds an Owl" . . . . and I would love to see her illustrations!

    ReplyDelete