Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In the Beginning...

... God created this striking couple. I have this wedding photo out as my reminder as I read The Power of a Praying Wife. I co-lead a women's study group and we are reading Stormie O'Martian's book. I first read this book ten years ago, when I was relatively new to the wife club, and now when I look back I realize that I still had my training wheels on. But now, reading this book has revealed more important memories and life lessons that have accrued over the last 10 years. The women I meet with have been so fun to get to know - so encouraging, so relaxed and transparent, I am always enlightened after we meet.

I am so happy to revisit this book after 10 years. I sure ain't the sweet young thing I used to be, but the 12 years of marriage under my belt have made me a better person and a more loving wife.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I just got off the phone with your husband and then saw this post! We were joking how I know more about your family life than he does because of your blog ;) He should get on it sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bart - Scott here. I'm sitting in my bedroom in exile while Sheree meets with her ladies group downstairs. I don't know what they are saying, but there is a lot of laughing, so I assume they are talking about me. I have no where to hide, brother.

    ReplyDelete