Thursday, June 3, 2010

That's Good! That's Bad!

So, you're back from your trip to Oklahoma - that's good!

No, that's bad!  We are very tired from driving.

No, that's good!  We had no problems with our roadtrip.

No, that's bad!  My back is killing me and I think it is because of sitting in the car for too long.

No, that's good!  I didn't have to start unpacking because I can't bend over.

No, that's bad!  Dirty laundry is everywhere and the house will be destroyed.

No, that's good!  Scott is here to pick up the things I can't lift.

No, that's bad!  The first laundry basket just about did my back in.

No, that's good!  It reminded me to lie down on the floor and do my stretching exercises.

No, that's bad!  I can't get up now.

No, that's good!  The remote control is down here by me and I have about 20 shows to watch on my DVR.

No, that's bad!  I may be lying here all day.

No, that's good!  I stretched enough to manage to get up again.

No, that's bad!  Now I'm upstairs and can't find something I need from downstairs.

No, that's good!  I can sit at the computer and type with a tight back.

No, that's bad!  I've got to get to the grocery store...sometime today.

No, that's good!  Maybe now I'll qualify as handicapped and get good parking and one of those electric carts for driving around the store, like the ones they have at Target and theme parks and such.

No, that's bad!  There is no way that little basket will hold all the groceries I need.

No, that's good!  I'm on a diet anyway.

No, that's bad!  My children are on the brink of starvation and the Mom is a cripple.  And I have started quoting Endigo Montoya from "The Princess Bride".

No, that's good!  I love that movie!

No, that's bad!  I have listened to that movie on the car ride entirely too often.

No, that's good!  The ability to quote movies is my trademark.

No, that's bad!  Once you start quoting movies, you can never stop.  And it's time to meet your husband for lunch.

No, that's good!  That is better than good!  You don't have to cook and your husband is buying - that is great!

2 comments:

  1. that was one of the more enjoyable blogs I've read in a while, wish I could think of a good movie quote but nothing comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Of course, what's not to love of a take off of a great book. I hope you are no longer in "The Pit of Despair". As you wish . . . .

    ReplyDelete