Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Mom - by Roxy

My daughter Roxy made me a special book at school and read it to the crowd of mothers that gathered for the Mother's Day tea.  My portrait, painted by Roxy, was on display for all to see.  I was a very proud, slightly anxious momma.  I had not previewed this book and had no idea what she had written.  Secrets were revealed this day about what moms really like to do, where they like to go, and their online gambling habits, Facebook habits, and night life were made known.  OUCH!

I was very proud of my painting, but it is too large to scan and share with the world :(.  I must admit that Roxy is the most talented artist in her class - my picture was definitely a modern impressionistic work, but at least I did not have an enormous bubble head and scary shark-like teeth and two strands on hair that lay on each side of my head.  I looked cool.

So, here are a few excerpts from my book.  And everything represented is true, so she presented as The Mom I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment