Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blueberries for Scottie




It all started with a gift card to a garden center.  Scott purchased something that he dreamed about - blueberry bushes.  My husband is a man of basic needs and simple tastes :)

From that initial purchase, one year later he started to see results:  five perfect blueberries.  We will get more, but first pick was a little slim.

So, Scott decides that we must go back to the orchard and get more berries.  Roxy and I agreed because we are both fanatics for picking fruit, and then we came back with a significant haul.  Cherries and blueberries fill our home now.  They are gorgeous and juicy - we look like we are bleeding as we eat the cherries because they are so rich, so ripe, so juicy.

And now, I must boldly go where this wife has not successfully gone before - I will make pie crust, and it will work, and it will be wonderful.  I repeat this to myself over and over, because I have failed at pie crust in years past and would rather not make colossal messes for no good reason.

Everything is wonderful as far as the cobbler and pies are concerned (I did not lattice my crust due to the vulnerability of the crust, but is looked good anyway.  My husband could not be prouder.  Momma like.

No comments:

Post a Comment