Monday, July 6, 2009

How Cold Can You Go?

I took the girls to the Big Timber Water Slide today. It is a bit of a misnomer because there are about eight water slides plus play areas for small children. It was not even 70 degrees and the water is actually melted snow. And it rained on us.

But, so much fun! And it is cheap, considering the prices I see in Atlanta. The good parts are when one water slide actually takes you into the hill and gets pitch black and you can't see where the turns come next. Darby loved everything, Roxy loved everything, and I passed on the water slide where you had to climb five flights of stairs to do it. I had been there two hours at that point, and my creaky arthritic knees had to just say no. Too bad the lightning came - darn, momma can't do that big slide.

I have done an inventory and everyone has all ten fingers, all ten toes, no one has hypothermia, but all three of us have been chilly for the entire evening. Makes me wonder what polar bears are thinkin', those idiots that dive into icy waters up North. They are certifiable.

No comments:

Post a Comment