Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Georgia!

The Franks' fam has celebrated the one year Georgia anniversary this week. I have been looking back on the blog and remembering all the obstacles from a year ago. plus all the joys and heartaches. A few observations:

-My daughters have grown up - a lot. I can't believe how young they looked a year ago.

-I have matured as well. I have had to take on quite a few new tasks and roles, especially in regards to church work. I find myself to be too busy, but not dissatisfied. I needed some motivation and boy, do I have it now.

-I still feel heartache over having moved so far from family. It sneaks up on me and makes me schedule trips back to OK to be near my family. I am thankful that it is summer and we will see them soon.

-Scott is settling in to his job and feeling more and more confidence. Not overly confident, but credibly confident. I am proud of what is he doing, because this job is stretching him, challenging him, and motivating him. He is wired to need all of these things.

-I am confident with the fact that my life will never follow the pattern that I envisioned years ago. Letting go of those expectations has been a healthy thing - difficult, but now I can be blessed by letting go of those expectations and making plans to go forward.

2 comments:

  1. Sheree, Scott, Darby and Roxy - We miss you all very much. We will be happy to see you in a couple of weeks. Think Scott would go for living in Oklahoma again?

    ReplyDelete