Sunday, May 31, 2009

One Week Down, How Many More to Go?







We completed our first week of summer vacation. No more pencils, no more books, you know the saying.






Guess which kid is already bored? I'm giving her a new agenda: whenever she is bored, she has to hand wash dishes. We did it three times one day, but she still liked it. She had to stop and tell me that as we worked together. So cute, and yet so close to madness (in my opinion!) I chose the hand-wash route because she can't put away all the dishwasher dishes yet, but this girl sure can wash and dry. She has started asking Darby is she can take on her chores. Darby has to pay her, of course, but Darby will end up with very little and Roxy will be rich. Oh goody! More trips to Target for even more little pets...






Guess which kid is back on her technological cocaine of computer games? I think this may be the week she creates her own blog, because we have to find a way to get her thinking and not just clicking. We have a friend's Guitar Hero for a while and she is mastering it rapidly. She is also reading a couple of enormous books. And the cooking - she wants to cook now, whenever I pull her off the computer. The other day, when preparing a meal of steak and potatoes, she was thinking out loud: "I wish we had a magical thawing machine." Yes, Princess, we have one and it is called a microwave. At least the cooking makes dirty dishes for the other kid to wash...






My goal is to save money, save money, and get a light tan. And not go crazy with the girls.






No comments:

Post a Comment