Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Fair Police

Roxy was born with an incredible sense of right and wrong. She has very specific ideas about what is fair and how to make things equal, at least on her terms. A Facebook friend referred to a Whine Flu epidemic at her house, and I think Roxy is a victim of it.

I am getting tired of the Fair Policewoman. Here is a summary list of grievances from the last 24 hours:

It is not fair that Daddy has to go to a conference. He should only go to conferences here so she will not lose her basketball partner, wrestling champion, and night-time snuggler. And how come Daddy gets to go somewhere I we don't? We have to go to school every day and it is boring. I don't get to go anywhere fun.

It is not fair that Darby got to have Field Day on Tuesday and she has to wait until Thursday. Don't they know that the little kids always go first? And it is not fair that Mom went to Darby's field day and she did not come to my class. When Roxy has field day, Mom has to stay the exact same amount of time and do the exact same things with her.

It is not fair that Roxy has to go to the store after school. Why couldn't Mom go to the store when she is home alone? I think that Mom should have to buy me something when we go to the store, because that is the only way to make up for this major inconvenience.

It is not fair that I have to wait 15 minutes to eat breakfast when I'm hungry now. Mom should wake up and have breakfast ready when I wake up so I don't have to wait.

ANNOUNCEMENT: for Mother's Day, I would like the Fair Police Relief package and a vaccination against the Whine Flu that has overtaken my precious daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment