Monday, May 18, 2009

My Dry County, My House

The week ahead of me is full of parties - end of school, birthday, 5th grade graduation, small group - I can hardly count them all.

I must be feeling festive, because over the weekend we went to a neighborhood party. Our neighbors are very friendly and we wanted to meet more people that live here. I found myself in a social situation where I knew no one but two people AND no one went to my church. Pretty weird for me.

Somehow I was under the impression that while there would be alcohol there, the entire focus of the party would not be alcohol. But I was wrong.

I now have a new definition for "fish out of water": preacher husband and preacher wife having to duck the thrown bottles of Jim Beam that fell out of the deer head pinata. I was silly enough to think pinatas were for candy, but no, you can cram them full of alcohol.

Thanks to all my neighbors and I enjoyed meeting you. I must pass on the Jim Beam, though. I'm a fish out of water...

No comments:

Post a Comment