Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Power of a Rookie Preacher's Wife

I dove in to a new role last night - Women's Book Club leader. Because of the kind encouragement of a new friend from church, I agreed to lead a book club group on Tuesday nights, twice a month. I haven't led an adult group in years. I was active in Women's ministry when I lived in Texas and really enjoyed it - I even enjoyed doing the leading. The time I spent in Oklahoma was one of disconnection - never knew how to get into that network, I guess. But here, everything seemed to open up.

So, the group of eight that I expected grew to 13 at the last minute. And I will say that they are going to be so fun, so encouraging, so dynamic, so diverse. I am the baby of this group, but that feels pretty good to me. I just hope that I don't look like a total idiot! We are reading The Power of a Praying Wife, and I do really appreciate that book. I haven't read it in eight years, but I have prayed for my husband during that time. I am already looking forward to our next meeting.

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great and glad you found a group you click with. Sounds like an interesting read... I would love to do something like this, but when your baby eats every 2hours and only naps 30min. you're lucky to read your mail!
    Good luck and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete