Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One Down - How Many More to Go?

I hosted my ladies' book club group last night at my house. On the good side, my soups turned out great, everyone had a place to sit, and my girls stayed upstairs while I led the group. I think the discussion was good, too. I know how challenging it is to get a group to connect, to encourage them to talk, to create an open, accepting environment. I hope I am up to this task. I am a stranger to all these people, so acceptance has to go both ways.

I don't have to lead again until next month, so I hope until then that more people will read the chapters and fill in the prayer and study guide. And I get to reheat my Tomato Basil soup for dinner tonight - that was the favorite of the evening. Thank you La Madeline for a great recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment