Friday, September 19, 2008

I Found a Happy Place

I find some grocery stores to be very entertaining. Yes, I have no life. But anyway, I love finding weird things at stores. Here in Georgia you can go to a run of the mill grocery store and buy every single part of a pig, cut up and individually wrapped in plastic, for who knows what kind of cooking. My trip today to Harry's was so fun. It is basically Whole Foods, somewhat smaller, but very interesting. The produce is fun if not bizarre, the seafood section is to die for, and they have huge selections of international foods.

I was excited about the peanut butter bar. Fresh made peanut butters, about 12 kinds with no preservatives, and you buy only as much as you like. The finished product does not look like something you would eat, though. My husband was so grossed out he did not want to look at it in the cart, especially the chocolate almond butter I made. He is definitely skittish about certain gastronomic events...

Speaking of gastronomic events, everything on the food from England and Scotland aisle sounds like old man stomach issues. I refrained from buying "digestives", but we did buy something Fantastic on Flapjacks. We have no idea what it is yet. We just read every item and laughed - that aisle made eating sound so punishing.

I bought red oranges (which would technically make them vermillion, but oh well), a pomegranite for the girls, honey roasted peanut butter and chocolate almond butter, fresh clams and fettuccine for our dinner, plus bread and honey and marmalade and a couple of treats shown here. Dinner was very good - I will cook clams again soon. I loved them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment