Sunday, December 27, 2009

Strong Enough to Be My Man

We have had a busy, sometimes trying week.  With lots of travel and traffic, toss in a blizzard, and dealing with all the emotions of seeing ones you love, the girls and I are exhausted.  But Scott is the one who deals with it all so well.  This week he:

1.  Drove a lot when we asked him to - even on very bad roads that were dangerous.

2.  Shoveled my parents' driveway multiple times in the blizzard and after the blizzard.

3.  Shoveled driveways of total strangers.

4.  Extended our OK stay a day because I was so anxious about travelling on icy roads.

5.  Overpacked our little trunk with all of the girls' Christmas treasures.  He didn't even overreact when Roxy told him at 6:30 am that she wanted to take home an empty box (it is a cute box :))

6.  Got us home at 10:45 and carried all our stuff upstairs while I unpacked the girls, found the nightly necessities, and turned up the heat around the house.

7.  He even bought me a book I wanted - and it was a surprise!  I didn't even pick it out or order it online for him to gift to me.

Being the only man in a house with three women is a tough job, and Scott is just the man to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, babe, but I do the easy stuff. You're the one that keeps this family running. I'd shovel snow off an entire interstate so long as I didn't have to comb out the girls' hair. As long as you take care of that hair, I'll do anything you ask.

    ReplyDelete