Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pretty Town, Pretty Squares

Probably my main reason to visit Savannah was because it is so pretty and so Southern and so quirky.  There is more history there than we could possibly get into, especially with our kids tagging along, but they were good sports for one day while we soaked up the culture that is Savannah.

The trolley tour was very convenient and very informative.  We walked through so many parks!  I would love to have one of those beautiful parks outside my front door.  And the building are really incredibly restored, as well as incredibly old.  We only allowed one day for the tour of the historic areas, but we needed more time.

We did manage to find the time to recreate a Forrest Gump moment.  When Forrest is sitting on a park bench, telling his life story to random strangers, he is actually in Chippewa Square.  It is gorgeous, but with me behind the camera it is not as picturesque as it actually is.  My sister and I even found white feathers on the ground, so we went to Forrest's Square and let them blow away, just like in the movie.  Oh yeah, stupid is as stupid does.


No comments:

Post a Comment