Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oklahoma Christmas Observed

Happy Festivus!  I have found my last gift and celebrated with some pizza from the Wedge.  Now I am merry and bright.

Driving around Oklahoma today and yesterday has provoked a few thoughts:

1.  I will never know Atlanta like I know Oklahoma.  I still remember where everything is, the shortcuts to take, where four different Best Buys are (and I had to go to two of them today), and you can actually get in to the places where you like to eat.  If I had to figure out how to get from one Best Buy to the other, it would take over an hour due to Atlanta traffic.

2.  Oklahoma looks like it has been blanketed in camo.  I am definitely used to seeing year-round green, thanks to massive amounts of rain in Georgia.  We need some snow here to brighten up this year's landscape.  And I am no longer used to flat, straight roads.  It feels kind of weird to me now.

3.  I miss having cheap movies.  I took Dar and a friend to the movies yesterday afternoon for $11.  You can't make that happen in Georgia.

4.There's no place like home, there's no place like home.  I'm glad I'm not in Kansas today.

No comments:

Post a Comment