Monday, April 13, 2009

Let's Call It Even

I am back to the real Franks world now. No more leisurely visits, no more birthday celebrations for Roxy, no more 850 mile drives in pounding wind. We had a wonderful Easter Sunday together, a great church service, and life is back to normal: homework, Mount Laundry, and getting even.

I managed to wreck my husband's NCAA championship game night without even knowing it. While I was in Oklahoma, my husband was pacing the house, twiddling his thumbs, and feeling so confused about what to do with his life. He actually decided to watch a ball game on TV - for the first time in years, I think. And wouldn't you know, but I had two movies recording at the same time - one on Lifetime and one on the Hallmark channel. It is a man's worst nightmare. Fortunately for me, Scott barely knows how to operate the TV remote, and he certainly does not know how to operate the DVR, so he could not override my recordings. Scott just gave up and went to bed instead of watching a sappy Nora Roberts movie. Poor guy.

So now that I am home, not everything is back to normal. For some unknown reason, Scott decided to tweak the settings on our computer to soup up the parental control features. It turns out that I can now check email, post to my blog, and that's about it. No Facebook, no game sites, no pleasant internet diversions. Scott also put my cell phone charger in an unknown location, so no cell phone service for me.

I think he got even.

1 comment:

  1. For the record, I did not put the cell phone charger anywhere. It went with you to Oklahoma and came back with you, so that cannot be pegged on me.

    ReplyDelete