Thursday, April 2, 2009

Death of a TV Show?

I like TV, much to my husband's disappointment. I'm not a fan of reality shows, I do not watch any version of CSI, and I gave up on soaps in college. However, I love cable stations and I will pretty much watch any movie on the Hallmark Channel, even though I know they are not worth the trouble. One thing I do like is watching people doing creative things on cable: cooking, cleaning, decorating, gardening, sewing, etc. I was saddened to see a new show on Bravo, the Not the Project Runway show. I saw the ad last night, and the show has an unmemorable name and it is hosted by Isaac Mizrahi, but all I can comprehend is that it is Not Project Runway. I have an attachment to Project Runway and I knew that the future of that show was in limbo because of a sale to Lifetime, followed by lawsuits and counter lawsuits. But how can they do this? As I was thinking about how disappointed I was, I realized that maybe my television should not be my best friend and it's time to get a life. Or a least a new book to read...

1 comment:

  1. my old er is going tonight... i'm a fan of csi, desperate housewives, office, american idol and dancing with the stars. you can tell we don't have much cable, but i do like hgtv. motherhood is suppose to be good. thank goodness for dvr!

    ReplyDelete