Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Darrel of the House


There is a Darrel living in my house. Her given name is Roxanne Skye, but trust me - she is a Darrel. My older brother gave me a long legacy list of things that seemed to be uniquely him - "Darrel". Now my daughter has taken over the Darrel department.

In my original family of two parents, two daughters and one son, all the gross jokes and comments were performed by Darrel. My sister and I were entirely too polite to do things like burp words, make music with our own belly buttons, or give unique names to gaseous events. Roxy is filling the big brother void at our house now. She can and will burp on request. She does make up names for all gross things. Roxy will taunt Scott with her ability to use gross-out humor and Scott is VERY easily perturbed when it comes to potty humor. For example, when Scott brings home a freshly cleaned car, Roxy says, "Great, let me go pee in it for you." And now, Roxy's latest gross-out announcement is that she has discovered that she picks her nose in her sleep. "How else did those little boogers end up on my fingers?" Poor Scott - he never grew up with Darrel, so he has no idea what comes next...but I do...


No comments:

Post a Comment