Friday, February 6, 2009

The Bedside Table

Generally speaking, you are what you read. I believe you nurture your mind with books, magazines, and other forms of reading. You can understand a little bit about a person by what they read as well. I was going through the enourmous stack of books on Darby's table and thought about what it says about her, then realized that the rest of the family can be summized in the same way. So here is the bedside table list of reading material:

Scott's stack: Oxford's Essential Dictionary of Difficult Words, Phillip Yancey's "Prayer", Trout Fishing in North Georgia, An Investigation of Angels, The Appalatian Trail Guide, plus two separate writing journals.

Sheree's stack: E.H. Gombrich's "A Little History of the World", three books by David Sedaris, three of the four Twilight books, John Grisham's The Appeal, one issue of Country Living, and one issue of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion.

Roxy's stack: "Arnie the Doughnut" by Laurie Keller and "The Night Before Catmas."

Darby's stack: three different Calvin and Hobbes treasury books, "The Encyclopedia of Immaturity", "Matilda", "James and the Giant Peach", and the Roald Dahl treasury - all by Roald Dahl, Shel Silverstein's "A Light in the Attic", "It's All About Me", "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw", and "King Arthur and His Knights".

I realize as I type this list that there is not an actual bible by anyone's bed - but they happen to be on the other side of the room. Thank goodness we have a few of those laying around the house...

1 comment:

  1. This was a fun read... I'd be in trouble, since the last novel I read was before Jo was born. I think I have a variety of magazines, bible and parent info on my table and they are just waiting to be opened. Not sure what this says about me or what is in my mind....

    ReplyDelete