Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bad Hair Days

Yet again, another post about hair issues. I am sorry, folks, but my life begins and ends with an endless pursuit of the appropriate hair product for my two darling daughters. My talent is limited, my knowledge is minimal, and my pockets are not deep. Doing the right thing - affordably - is a real challenge. But I may have found the Holy Grail for Curly Hair.

We had an evening out with the family. (Not a date, mind you, because paying for a babysitter is about as expensive as a car payment.) And at each place we went - movie theater and restaurant - I met the nicest, kindest strangers who talked with us, complimented the girls on their beauty, then whispered to me about what I need to buy to help control their hair. Both groups told me about the exact same product, so I headed to the urban hair product store and picked it up today.

These people were all gracious and wonderful examples of why Georgia is a great place to live. And they were helpful without making me feel like a failure as a mom. But still, it was obvious that I need help and advice. Thank you, kind people, for guiding this clueless mom. Like sands through the hourglass, so are the bad hair days of our lives...

2 comments: