Thursday, May 5, 2011

Let's Talk About Dar

What can I say about her?  She is an enigma, wrapped up in a conundrum, sprouting lots of tangled corkscrews and perplexing vocabulary words.  I would include a photo, but because the computer is from a region far, far south from here I have no current photos anymore.  Sigh.

Watching her sing a sweet solo with her girls' choir tonight, I found myself wrapped up in a conundrum of an enigma.  How did we get this far?  How did she learn to sing so well?  Where did she get the ability to make speeches in public, like she showed us on Wednesday night?  I have no clue and no contribution to these gifts, other than I picked out that cute top she was wearing.

The marvelous girl can impress me sometimes.  I would like to take credit for something in her brain, but she does that work herself.  At the academic bowl on Saturday, she was able to spout off all sorts of knowledge - correctly- and she came up with lots of things I did not know.  How does this happen?  Doesn't she know that I have to have control over every aspect of her life, from her clothing to her corkscrews to her knowledge of trivia and literature and poetry and presidents and art and continents?

But Darby's head is all her own.  I'm thankful right now that she lets me pick out a top for her every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment