Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Think He Loves Me

There are lots of things that you do for your spouse, things that you never imagined you would do, things that you hoped you would never have to do, things you love to do, and things you don't.  I think my husband loves me because he has agreed to do the thing on his To Don't list.

His name is Van Morrison.  He is coming to perform a concert in Atlanta.  I have been waiting to see him for 20+ years.  My dear husband cannot stand live music and concerts, crowds, Atlanta traffic, tempermental musicians,  or poetic music.

But he is taking me to this concert.  And he promised to take me to dinner at La Madeline before the show.

I think he loves me.

I do know that I am a big fan of Van the Man.  Most of my personal music stash was recorded by Van, followed by Ryan Adams (whom my husband cannot abide either.)  My "Stranded on a Desert Island" music would be Van's Moondance album.  I cannot pass up "Into the Mystic" - ever.  I turn it up loud and take a little vacation when that song in on.  And my husband is okay with all of this.

Thanks for my Mother's Day present, Scottie.  You are covered for my birthday as well!

3 comments:

  1. Random Reader
    That sounds like a really great gift. Your hubby did well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+ for Scott. I'm with him on the large crowds, loud music, and Atlanta traffic. I usually avoid all of those as much as possible. Enjoy your long-awaited Van fix. :)
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete