Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How to Be an Eskimo Pirate - The 70s Era

Atlanta is flooded, school is cancelled, and I am looking at old photos.  My daughters find it very odd to imagine their parents as children, let alone seeing them in old pictures.  Roxy is still not quite sure what to think about this one.

I am including it as a glimpse of what has changed in the world.  Daily I get an email from Halloween Express, wanting me to purchase a mass-produced, slave labor crafted costume that will disintegrate within 12 hours after being worn.  To date, my daughters have always worn costumes that were pretty elaborate, although last year's owl costume was more creative with the makeup that the actual costume.  But in the old days, you purchased nothing for Halloween, except for maybe a mask at TG&Y.  Your costume makeup came from your mom's lipstick collection.  And, nothing matched.  At all.

Scott's creation, shown in this picture, appears to be that of an Eskimo Pirate.  Poor Montana kids - bundled up so they don't get hyphthermia.  Scott's brother is even more creative - he wanted to be a mean pig.  Now who wouldn't want to give these boys candy?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing - made me smile!
    We know about floods... hopefully, it will be safe soon and the kids are enjoying some "free" time.

    ReplyDelete