Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm Alive - August Is Over!




August is definitely a beast of a month for familia Franks. It is not my fault that Scott ends up booked every weekend, two of those where he is gone. I wish it were not an expensive month with back to school shoes, supplies, meal plans, school shirts, etc. Every August I find myself trying to figure out how to celebrate Darby's birthday in August, because there is always too much to do, too little money, and oops where's Daddy?
School started and all's well, especially considering how I thought the year would start. Roxy has quickly made friends and did not forget everything she learned in first grade. Darby can see the good points of middle school, she has teachers she respects and likes, and she has mastered the school locker and the PE locker. She is learning life lessons every day, like how athletic type-A people like the coach get really irritated by unathletic type-Z people like her. With one month of school down, I think we have a solid start.




Thankfully, August is over. Scott promised me that September would be great. I think he can wake me up when September ends.




No comments:

Post a Comment