Monday, March 9, 2009

Lights, Camera, Church Party




Before Saturday, I had never attended a film festival. But now I have.




Our church hosted the Backlot Film Festival and everyone was invited. Church members made movies to premiere at the Festival, and about 200 people from church came all dressed up - lots of tuxes, prom dresses, and funky attire. The youth contingent was quite large. My kids were so excited about going. They wore $5 dresses from the Kohl's clearance rack and I fixed their hair pretty and they walked the red carpet.




The movies were interesting and some were even entertaining. There were a few art films that I am still trying to interpret, but the funny ones were great. We even saw a 3D film that was very creative and cool (anything using "She's Going the Distance" is cool, isn't it?)




Our Life group made a film (produced by moi) and it was well received. I am working on getting it posted to my blog this week, but the file is enormous and my drive space is muy poquito. Very fun night and the food and decorations were outstanding.




2 comments:

  1. I think Darby's legs are turned the wrong direction in this picture!! Too cute though!!

    ReplyDelete