Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Everything Old is Retro New




We had small group at our house on Sunday and I found these little treasures left on the floor. I bought these retro paper dolls for my girls after visiting the FDR Little White House a few weeks back. What makes a person want to buy her daughters paper dolls - from the 1930s? I still don't know, but I felt sentimental when I saw the dolls in the antique swim suits. There is a picture of my Grandpa and Grandma Oller swimming at some unknown lake, wearing suits very much like these. I think my Grandma even had a bathing cap, too. I think it would have been interesting to know them way back when. So, my kids will not have the latest and greatest toys - I will make them relive a past about which I am curious. I am mother - see me rule.








No comments:

Post a Comment