Monday, December 1, 2008

Attention: The Lawn Ornaments Are Gone!

I had made a prediction that my neighbors would leave their Halloween lawn ornamentation out through December. I have been glancing at witches, six scarecrows, pumpkins, and glow-in-the-dark bones since September. I even told Scott that if they went away for Thanksgiving, I would pick them all up and stack them by their house for them. But low and behold, they picked them all up yesterday. No more bones, no more flying witches in the trees, nada.

This could only mean one thing - they have Christmas lawn ornaments to put out soon. Another prediction - let's see if I'm right. I polled the families in my small group last night about whether any of them go all out on the outdoor Christmas decor. That is something that is so big out here in Georgia. You feel somewhat inadequate if you don't have some giant inflatable snowglobe on the lawn. From my small group, we had only one giant snowglobe family, but we did have one family that puts out a giant inflatable Home Depot truck, decorated for Christmas. I haven't seen anything like that yet, so they might be in for a driveby.

This year the Franks' house will just say no to the giant snowglobe and Home Depot truck - I'm sure I will get to enjoy my neighbors' decor for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment