Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Southern Fried Side of LIfe

I have had the opportunity to observe some truly southern things that can only be found east of the Mississippi River.

-Civil War reenactors at a battlefield just down the road from my neighborhood. I had lived in Georgia two whole days before I experienced the depth of pride of the southern heritage and the War Between the States.

-breakfast at a biscuit shack that has live bluegrass music starting at 7 a.m. The biscuits were fabulous, covered in gravy and sausage. Roxy started dancing on that old wood floor. We will definitely go back, maybe next weekend.

-the southern version of Mt Rushmore, complete with three great Confederate leaders that are larger than the presidents in S. Dakota. It is called Stone Mountain and it was a fun trip and an impressive site.

-a gift shop selling plush baby toys of the Stone Mountain men - Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, and Stonewall Jackson. Their horses were included, but I am not from the south and I don't know the horses' names. All three dolls and horses fit in a purse, too. Just what every baby needs to chew on!

No comments:

Post a Comment